[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Chinese Language Support

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:10:43 EDT 2008

I recently read about the Evergreen ILS, and found that it is very
interesting (esp. a few universities here in Ontario are using/going
to use Evergreen in production systems). I then translated the
Evergreen wikipedia article to Chinese, and downloaded and started
reading the code...

I don't work for a library, but I know a bit about library science
(LC, DDC, OPAC, etc). I hope I can contribute by translating the
Evergreen software to Chinese. I just finished reading the "Assessing
Evergreen for a Bilingual Academic Library" document, and I would like
to start with translating the OPAC web UI first.

However, when I went to the source tree (it's a fresh SVN checkout),
the Open-ILS/web/opac/locale/fr-CA/ directory is empty. I would like
to know the status of the French language support... and also, what
sort of infrastructure is missing to enable full multilingual
support??

Rayson