[OPEN-ILS-DEV] DB error on install

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue May 20 15:50:36 EDT 2008

> My purpose  for installing Evergreen is to  have a repository for our
> books/multimedia here at home.   It is probably overkill but since we have a
> BUNCh of  books (as painfully noted by the several companies that have moved
> us over the years)  it'll be nice to have them in some order that is easily
> searchable.  Since my wife uses PINES on a weekly basis she is used to the
> interaface so it'll be a snap for her to search the home collection too.

Hi Robert,

Out of curiosity (and since I'll be doing this at my house one day
too), are you guys barcoding your materials, or using the UPC code as
a barcode where possible, or are you just importing the bib records as
"transcendent" so that they show up even without holdings?  Do you
already have everything cataloged in another system/spreadsheet/etc
and you're migrating the data?  Or will you be adding each book one at
a time?  Are there any wishlist features you've thought of that would
make Evergreen better suited for personal collections?

Thanks!

--
Jason Etheridge