[OPEN-ILS-DEV] New version of evergreen problems

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu May 22 19:47:09 EDT 2008

2008/5/22 Ryan Laverdiere <ryan484lav at gmail.com>:
> In the vmware image it is the page in the staff client under the local
> system administration.

Hi Ryan:

Okay, I just retraced your steps and have recreated the error. Thanks
for letting us know about the problem.

As a request / suggestion, it's really helpful to provide error
reports with as much detail as possible; for example, to report this
error it would have been great to say something like:

"""
Using the Debian 1.2.2.0 VMWare image, when I try running the "Pull
Holds Request (testing)" in the Local System Administration page in
the staff client, I get the following error:

This software has encountered an error. Please tell your friendly
system administrator or software developer the following:
patron/holds.xul
TypeError: obj.controller.view.cmd_holds_edit_thaw_date has no properties

"""

This kind of error report identifies exactly where (system and
Evergreen version) in which the error is occurring, enables us to
quickly recreate the error, and hopefully enables us to resolve the
error :)

Thanks again, Ryan.

--
Dan Scott