[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Creating Patrons

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Thu May 22 20:34:58 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

Do I need to create Permissions for entries under Patron?
eg.
group_application.user.patron.faculty
group_application.user.patron.student

These entries currently have no ApplicationPermission ...is that part of the problem or should they inherit group_application.user.patron (I just applied group_application.user.patron to them)

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 8:53 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> What permissions are needed to create Patrons and select the Profile Group.
> I can only get Admin to be able to do this but circ staff need this functionality.

Hi Grant,

I think you need: CREATE_USER, CREATE_USER_GROUP_LINK,
CREATE_PATRON_STAT_CAT_ENTRY_MAP, UPDATE_USER, and VIEW_USER.  You may
also want to give BAR_PATRON and UNBAR_PATRON.

And then for the profile groups, each one optionally has a specific
permission associated with it that staff must have in order to set
that profile.

You can see this in the bootstrap cgi interface, under User Group
Hierarchy Setup when viewing a specific group.  The field is called
ApplicationPermission.

In the example I'm looking at, the Staff group has an ApplicationPerm
of group_application.user.staff, so that specific permission is needed
if I were to create a Staff user.

These application perms are also inherited by descendant permission
groups.  So there might be a Staff -> Catalogers group, that would
also need that permission at a minimum.  If the Catalogers group also
had an explicit ApplicationPerm configured, then that would be needed
as well.

Does this help?

--
Jason Etheridge