[OPEN-ILS-DEV] search ISSN

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon May 26 15:23:17 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 8:49 AM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> Hi All,
> How do I set up an OpenURL search for ISSN to the EG catalog.
>
> Clearly http://osls.cs.upei.ca/opac/en-US/skin/default/xml/rresult.xml?tp=&t=&adv=0262-4079&rt=issn&d=0 is a result not a query.

To get all records in MARCXML format matching that ISSN, you can use
the following OpenSearch query:

 http://osls.cs.upei.ca/opac/extras/opensearch/1.1/-/marcxml/keyword/0262-4079

To get just one (nominally the first found, but may not be the same as
the first from OpenSearch, which is relevance ranked), you can use
unAPI:

 http://osls.cs.upei.ca/opac/extras/unapi?id=tag:osls.cs.upei.ca,2008:issn/0262-4079&format=marcxml

I'm working on wrangling mod_rewrite to make the exposed API more
OpenURL 0.1 friendly right now, based on the following (which isn't
working the way I want just yet -- any mod_rewrite wizards out
there?):

  RewriteRule ^/openurl\?e?is.n=(.*)
/opac/extras/opensearch/1.1/-/marcxml/keyword/$1