[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Z39.50 target

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon May 26 21:21:30 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM, Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Monday 26 May 2008 8:57 Mike Rylander wrote:
>> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>> This is the plan for 1.4, though I don't think Debian has a modern
>> enough YAZ package, which means installing YAZ from source.
>
> The EG installer makefile will handle this for you:
>
> http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/extras/Makefile.install
>
> $ make -f Makefile.install install_yaz

Heh ... unfortunately Net::Z3950::Simple2ZOOM says:

*** ERROR!
Simple2ZOOM requires at least version 3.0.10 of YAZ,
but you only have version 2.1.18.

and the makefile specifies yaz-2.1.56.  I am unsure if 3.x will cause
any other problems, though.  First thing that comes to mind is the
Net::ZOOM implementation for remote Z targets.