[OPEN-ILS-DEV] User permissions error

Robert glibrarysystem at gmail.com
Tue May 27 09:16:00 EDT 2008

Jason,

  Thanks for the advice but I think it may be too late for my system. I went
back through all of the permissions for the users under staff, which are
still at the defaults, and took off everything that wasn't inherited from
the parent. Then I went back to the parent, which is staff, and added the
permissions to be able to register users. Then I set a user to one of the
groups that wasn't allowing me to register patrons. When I tried to register
a patron with that user it gave me the same error I was getting.
  Then I thought I'd take a different approach. I created another user under
Staff called circ2. I assigned my user to that group and tried to register a
patron again. I received the same error with that group as well. I did use
autogen.sh when I created the new group and I restarted all of the services
in Evergreen. I'm not sure if I have completely destroyed the system or not
but I can still register patrons with the local administrator account, which
is what I have everyone testing the system out on right now. Is there any
hope to recover my system without a complete reload?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Robert