[OPEN-ILS-DEV] User permissions error

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed May 28 10:46:45 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Robert <glibrarysystem at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> and here is the second:
>
> evergreen=# select * from actor.org_unit_type;
>  id |      name      |        opac_label         | depth | parent |
> can_have_vols | can_have_users
> ----+----------------+---------------------------+-------+--------+---------------+----------------
>   1 | Consortium     | Everywhere                |     0 |        | f
>   5 | Bookmobile     | Your Bookmobile           |     3 |      3 | t
>   2 | Main System    | Greenville Library System |     1 |      1 | t
>   3 | Main Branch    | Hughes Main               |     2 |      2 | t
>   4 | Augusta Branch | Augusta Branch            |     2 |      2 | t
>   7 | Berea Branch   | Berea Branch              |     2 |      2 | t
>   8 | Greer Branch   | Greer Branch              |     2 |      2 | t
> (7 rows)

In addition to the points made by Jason and Dan, (unless I'm
misunderstanding completely) you seem to be using the org_unit_type
table to name specific branches.  org_unit_type entries are for
specifying types of nodes ("library", "system", "university",
"school", "consortium", etc) instead of specific nodes.  Specific
nodes are set up completely in the org_unit table.  org_unit rows
supply the context ("the August branch location") and org_unit_type
defines the hierarchical skeleton (branches are attached to, say,
universities, which are attached to consortia).