[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Staff Client & project info

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Sat May 31 17:29:19 EDT 2008

A brief update of the status of my installation of Evergreen for a home library and a few
questions regarding the Staff Client.

The system response time is acceptable, particularly considering it is running on a P4 with 512 MB
RAM.  There have been some errors but none that can be reliably duplicated so I'm marking them up,
for now, to system overload or network congestion.   Test data was loaded as per the Wiki,  A new
library/branch was created for the house without any problem.  Several MARC records have been
imported via the staff client import function.

Questions about the staff client:
- Orignally I set it up as a workstation in one of the demo branches. Is it possible to now change
it to my home branch or do I need to do a reinstall?

- When adding copies/volumes as per http://www.open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-
user:adding_and_maintaining_copies_and_volumes   my staff client gives a search result that looks
very much like the OPAC.  The holding maintenance screen shown in the first figure on the above
WIki page didn't occur.  Maybe something isn't configured correctly but I haven't been able to
find it.

Thanks for any advise on where to look for the answers to the above 2 questions.

Regards,
Robert