[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problems running the import holdings demo

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 13:32:36 EST 2008

2008/11/20 John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com>:
> Hey folks,
>
> When trying to run the import holdings demo from the download page, I get
> the following error when loading pg_loader-output.sql:
>
> psql:pg_loader-output.sql:10: ERROR:  cannot copy to view "full_rec"
> psql:pg_loader-output.sql:11: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
> commands ignored until end of transaction block
>
> Any ideas?  This is 1.4RC1, OpenSRF 1.0, postgres 8.2.9.

Well, the import-holdings demo package dates back to the 1.2 days, and
the scripts that I so conveniently bundled have also changed since
then. My first step would be to copy Open-ILS/src/extras/import/* over
top of the existing scripts in the import-holdings demo package, and
see if that gets you any further.

Then we can see about putting together a new and improved (and most
importantly - working) import demo.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University