[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Yet another function for uescaping UTF-8

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Fri Nov 28 14:33:57 EST 2008

--- On Fri, 11/28/08, Dan Scott <dan at coffeecode.net> wrote:

<snip -- about some new code for generating surrogate pairs>

> I started generating some examples for you using Python;
> maybe the
> attached script will be helpful to you in generating other
> ranges, but
> here's a snippet of what the script generates for the
> Ancient Greek
> Numbers range
> (http://www.utf8-chartable.de/unicode-utf8-table.pl gives
> lots of alternate representations):

<snip -- 95 translations from code points to surrogate pairs>

My code yields the same surrogate pairs as are in the list you provided.
I may play around with your Python script looking for corner cases, but
so far as I can tell we're good to go.

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/