[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Now available: Evergreen customizations for Google Book Search previews and custom bib records

Alexander O'Neill aoneill at upei.ca
Thu Oct 2 10:57:35 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

I've done some customizations of the Evergreen OPAC to meet the needs
of the University of Prince Edward Island Robertson Library's
librarians and patrons, and I am sharing them here with the rest of
the Evergreen community.

The code is available for download here: http://vre.upei.ca/dev/node/422

This is an update to the Evergreen v. 1.2.2.3 client-side codebase
which adds the ability to create cusomized bib records using a simple
xml markup and also adds Google Book Search previews integration into
the results pages.

Instructions for using the code and integrating it into your Evergreen
installation are included in the readme.txt file in the archive.

You can see this code in action on UPEI's Evergreen site. Some example
pages are here:

http://islandpines.roblib.upei.ca/opac/en-US/skin/roblib/xml/rdetail.xml?r=228133&ol=4&t=freud&tp=keyword&l=4&d=2&hc=339&rt=keyword

http://islandpines.roblib.upei.ca/opac/en-US/skin/roblib/xml/rdetail.xml?r=239271&ol=4&t=anne%20of%20green&tp=keyword&l=4&d=2&hc=131&rt=keyword

If you have any questions or suggested improvements to this
functionality please let me know.  Better yet, if you want to add
anything to this update and share it with the rest of us I'd like to
encourage that as well.

I will also be sure to adapt this code when Evergreen 1.4 comes out
and post an update as soon as I can.

Cheers,

---
Alexander O'Neill