[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Dojo Release 1.2.0

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Sun Oct 5 11:07:05 EDT 2008

On Sun, 05 Oct 2008 10:13:04 -0400, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Dojo released 1.2.0 a few days ago; here are my findings as of last
>> night (yay planes) with a quick run-through of Conify and Vandelay:
>>
>>  * no more dojo.js.uncompressed.js - so in those few places where we
>> did call it, we would need to just point at dojo.js instead (a
>> debugging version must still be available but our defaults in
>> delivered files should point to dojo.js anyway)
>>  * dojox.grid._data.* has moved to dojox.grid.compat._data.* (this is
>> now deprecated and will no longer be maintained - a new Grid has been
>> added that will be the preferred grid going forward)
>>  * dojox.grid.editors has moved to dojox.grid.compat._data.editors
>
> That's more change than I'd hoped for (or thought there would be) but
> obviously not unmanageable. :)
>

>> I have attached a patch for Conify; no changes were needed for
>> Vandelay. My testing was largely to the point of getting things
>> working without JS errors in Conify and Vandelay, and testing date
>> picker widget / display in the OPAC, but nothing deeper.
>>
>> So the question: should we switch to 1.2.0 using these compatibility
>> mechanisms so that the prereq will already be in place if we decide to
>> rewrite to use the new "easier-to-use" Grids? Or maybe it's a moot
>> point because we're going to sidestep the problem by packaging our own
>> Dojo build for EG anyway.
>>

> If we have a patch, and the JS loads, then I'm for upping the version of
> Dojo.

Agreed on 1.2.  However, I put 1.2 on dev.gapines.org and applied the
patch locally and found 2 additional issues.  We seemed to have lost some
styling in Vandelay (the blue gradient css) and we're getting the extra
scroll bars in the Vandelay queue grid (a la pre-LayoutContainer).
LayoutContainers are technically deprecated in 1.2, so even though they
exist, they may be broken.

I'm experimenting with alternatives.  If I run into any showstoppers, I'll
report.

Thanks, Dan!

-b

--