[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Report output

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 14 21:54:14 EDT 2008

> Can I create an RSS feed from a Report?

Not directly, not currently.

>  Or some kind of list that I can then consume elsewhere?

One of my personal wish list items is the ability to populate buckets
directly via reports.  Buckets should be very amenable to the creation
of RSS feeds with a little development (bookbags and buckets are both
different types of the same generic container code, for example).  You
could then have a recurring report that could optionally wipe and/or
add entries to buckets.

> XLS and  CSV can be manipulated after creation but it would be cool to have RSS, ATOm or something for lists like New Books, Author or Subject.

There are some native RSS feeds for new bookst.  Or at least, newly
cataloged books.  If no one else chimes in with what they are, I'll go
spelunking the blog for them.  Maybe those could serve as another
example as to how you might create feeds in Evergreen (using
"supercat").

--
Jason Etheridge