[OPEN-ILS-DEV] modify handling of Author display (100 vs 700 etc)

Melissa Belvadi mbelvadi at upei.ca
Wed Oct 22 15:54:17 EDT 2008

Hello, all.
Right now in the system, or at least ours, if the 100 and 110 tags don't exist, the system will insert the first 700 tag it finds into the "Author" display. In many cases, this is an inappropriate name (eg. in one of our books, it's the name of the illustrator) and will cause students to put incorrect information into their citations in their term papers.

We would like to just stop the use of any fields outside of 100 or 110 in the Author field. Ideally we'd like to make this change for both the brief results list and full bib record.

How do we do that?

Thanks!

Melissa

---
Melissa Belvadi
Emerging Technologies & Metadata Librarian
University of Prince Edward Island
mbelvadi at upei.ca
902-566-0581