[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation issues/problems

Thomas Edward thomaedward at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 19:36:54 EDT 2008

HI Dan,

I have just spent the last few hours trying to figure out what is wrong here.  I installed evergreen server on a Linux box and the staff client on a WinXP machine and all was well.  When I installed the staff client on a second machine running Vista and

************************************
Item 1.
run "retest server" I get the message " the server does not support your version of the staff client ..."

I then began having problems accessing http://thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb/cgi-bin/ which I could do quite easily before.

Item 2
When I run /openils/bin/srfsh, srfsh% login admin open-ils to test the connection to evergreen I get the following:

opensrf at thomas-desktop:/openils/bin$ /openils/bin/srfsh
srfsh# srfsh% login admin open-ils
???: srfsh% login admin open-ils
srfsh#  login admin open-ils
???: login admin open-ils
srfsh#

I am suppose to get some output (see Testing connection to Evergreen in teh Installation Document).
*************************************

Item 3

I re-run all the procedures which you sent me.  I revisited the opensrf.xml, opensrf_core.xml, /etc/apache2/sites-available/eg.conf. files.

I have reinstalled the perl module Net::Z3950::ZOOM,

I also (as root)run this set of commands:
rm /openils/var/web/xul/rel_1_2_3_0
rm /openils/var/web/xul/server
make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_2_3_0 all
make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_2_3_0 install

the rm command woud not work as is so I did a rm -R  /openils/var/web/xul/rel_1_2_3_0  In fact, I emptied the directory the directory /openils/var/web/xul/.  The directory now looks like this:
root at thomas-desktop:/openils/var/web/xul# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x 3 opensrf opensrf 4096 2008-09-20 18:12 rel_1_2_3_0
root at thomas-desktop:/openils/var/web/xul#

I could only run the "make ...all" and "make.. install" as root at thomas-desktop:/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3#. I get the following error otherwise:

root at thomas-desktop:~# make STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_2_3_0 all
make: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

""Must this be the case?"
*******************************
Item 4

I also run tautogen.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml several times.

I also  run /home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl
and have attached the file. ( test2a.txt)

Item 5

I have been trying to set up a library structure with one administrator, 3 staff client for circulation and cataloguing and 50 patrons.  I have used http://thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb/cgi-bin/ and still can seem to figure out how to do it.  I have read your wiki but, still  unclear ...  A friend was of little help.
********************************

Item 6

You instructed me as follows:

Then try logging in to the catalogue (admin / open-ils) - it will ask
you to change your password if you're successful.

Excuse me here, but I can seem to see how to get this one done.  It does make me feel silly.

Then try logging in to the staff client (admin / whatever you changed
your password to).

This I had no problems with, until ... this morning

Your assistance.  Thank you.  Can't wait.

Thomas

Thomas

"Rebirth, renew, Starting a new Life."

Discover the new Windows Vista