[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Help regarding srfsh

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 09:30:26 EDT 2008

Hi Jeremy:

2008/9/21 Jeremy Hor <jeremy_hor at yahoo.com>:
> Hi Bill,
>
> According to the guide, for a single server install, it was recommended to use localhost for all references to host, except in opensrf.xml which required a fully qualified hostname. Since mine is still a test system, could you suggest how I should configure it? I'm rather unclear on how to go about setting up the hostname etc.
>
> Thanks very much for your help.

It sounds to me like you have everything set up properly. The hostname
that you have to use in the <hosts> section of opensrf.xml is
determined by running the following command:

perl -MNet::Domain -e 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn() . "\n";'

If that shows "gbpclibserver", then that's what you should use. If it
shows "gbpclibserver.localdomain" then you should use that (or
whatever variation it shows you).

Then run:

(as root):
/etc/init.d/apache2 stop

(as opensrf):
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl
osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c

(as root):
/etc/init.d/apache2 start

and look at the output of:

ps wax | grep -i open

... you should see at least one "open-ils.auth" service running. If
so, then try srfsh again.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University