[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Importing records

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 10:00:38 EDT 2008

2008/9/29 Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca>:
> Do we still have to check the last record number and use that as a parameter in the input scripts for inputting batch records?
>
> Something tells me that has gone away! Verification anyone?

Right, the trunk version of marc2bre.pl will automatically set it to
the next available record ID if you don't explicitly set it:

http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/extras/import/marc2bre.pl#L76

Hmm, upon reflection we should probably pad that by 100 or 1000 to
avoid conflicts if someone else is manually cataloging records while
marc2bre.pl / direct_ingest.pl / parallel_pg_loader.pl is doing its
work.

After import, though, if you use parallel_pg_loader.pl you still need
to update the sequence with the new maximum ID value.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University