[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 1.4.0 almost working

Jeff Godin jeff at tcnet.org
Mon Apr 6 23:55:37 EDT 2009

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009, Jon Legree wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Thanks for the response. I forgot to mention the autogen errors:
>
> opensrf at kissinger:/openils/bin$ ./autogen.sh -c
> /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
> Updating fieldmapper
> Exception: OpenSRF::EX::JabberDisconnected 2009-04-06T20:19:43
> OpenSRF::Utils::SettingsClient
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0/OpenSRF/Utils/SettingsClient.pm:103
> JabberDisconnected Exception: This JabberClient instance is no longer
> connected to the server

Aha! That would cause problems. :)

settings-tester.pl indicated that ejabberd was running fine and that your
configured usernames and passwords were functional. We'll trust that for
now, though you might need to adjust some settings or restart
ejabberd/evergreen (see below).

It's possible that you missed the part of the OpenSRF install where you
set max_user_sessions in ejabberd.conf, or it's possible that if you've
adjusted it, you haven't yet restarted ejabberd.

Another possibility is that you've restarted ejabberd without restarting
the opensrf processes.

Check your /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg file to ensure that
max_user_sessions is set to 1000 instead of the default 10.

As the opensrf user, stop opensrf services with:
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a stop_all

As root, restart ejabberd with:
/etc/init.d/ejabberd restart

As the opensrf user, start evergreen with:
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_router
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_perl
osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_c

Then try autogen.sh again.

If that works, you'll also want to restart apache, as the root user:
/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

Good luck, and let us know if the above helps!

-jeff