[OPEN-ILS-DEV] proper client

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 8 10:18:42 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:
> Which version of the client will work for the debian 1.2.2.3 image? I have
> tried two, but keep getting a message that this server does not support your
> version of the staff client.

Hi Raymond,

The 1.2.2.3 client can be found here:
http://open-ils.org/downloads/evergreen-setup-rel_1_2_2_3.exe

However, you can use the latest 1.2 client if you add a corresponding
symlink into the /openils/var/web/xul/ directory.

For example, if you have an /openils/var/web/xul/current (which is
likely symlinked to rel_1_2_2_3/), you can do something like this to
support the 1.2.4.0 client:

su - opensrf
cd /openils/var/web/xul/
ln -s current rel_1_2_4_0

Each client has a Target Server ID that you can find from using the
About button on the login screen.  That ID has to exist in some
Apache-accessible form in /openils/var/web/xul/ for the client to
report success on version support.

Incidentally, the 1.4 series of staff clients are not compatible with
1.2 servers, even if you do add symlinks.  The version check would
succeed, but you would get errors upon login.

--
Jason Etheridge