[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Diacritics in loaded records

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 11 13:28:19 EDT 2009

We loaded  a large file of records to a 1.4.0.2.  I have Chinese records with 880's with CJK characters.

When I look at them in the client, if I choose MARC View, I get garbage characters displaying for the CJK characters and even for the subfield delimiter.

When I look at the OPAC View and then press the tab for MARC Record, I get the CJK characters and subfield delimiter displaying correctly.  Any idea what is going on?  I thought I had made an error when we loaded the records and the encoding got messed up but now it seems like it may be just the display in the MARC View.  Oops MARC Edit looks OK too.  What's with the MARC View?  Anybody know?

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago Library