[OPEN-ILS-DEV] problem with evergreen services after crash andreboot

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Tue Aug 25 06:27:17 EDT 2009

> If I start evergreen in localhost configuration, I can locally log in, but no remote staff client connections are possible.

Hrmm, that's weird, and probably worthy of investigation.

> One thing I was wondering is ... I have changed all instances of both private.localhost and public.localhost to devevergreen.iisg.nl in my non-localhost configuration. Could this create conflicts because it wants to create two routers for separate hosts?

I think so.  I believe they have to be distinct hostnames, even if
they're aliases for the same IP.   And this is independent of a
localhost versus FQDN configuration decision.

> If so, I wonder why I had it working before the reboot.

Undefined behavior, coincidence?  I may be wrong.

> Also, is there anywhere an example of a "real" configuration (i.e. non-localhost)

For a single server, a localhost configuration is "real" and
recommended.  If you're building a multi-server cluster, that's when
you need to start spelling out hostnames.

One example I'm looking at has something like this in /etc/hosts:
127.0.0.1 localhost
192.168.1.200 database.my_hostname
192.168.1.201 brick1.my_hostname
192.168.1.201 public.brick1.my_hostname
192.168.1.201 private.brick1.my_hostname

Then in opensrf_core.xml, they're using private.my_hostname for the
private router and public.my_hostname for the public router.  And in
opensrf.xml, they're using the bare brick1.my_hostname in the hosts
section instead of localhost.

--
Jason Etheridge