[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Can't get vm to boot

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 21:00:13 EDT 2009

2009/8/29 Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org>:
> I Just did a new ubuntu hardy server install on a Dell 600sc server. I
> installed virtualbox from the latest .deb package, and added evergreen as a
> new vm. When I try to boot the vm server, I am getting an error "Unable to
> boot -please use a  kernel appropriate for your cpu.
>
> I'm not sure how to get around this???

A quick search on that error message in Google results in
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/23343 which suggests
the following solution:

"""
Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU

Solution :

Power off Virtual Machine
Click Machine -> Settings -> General -> Advanced
Check Enable PAE/NX
Click OK
Start Virtual Machine
"""

If that works, let us know and we'll add that to the image README. Good luck!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University