[OPEN-ILS-DEV] documentation

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Mon Aug 31 17:21:19 EDT 2009

(Copied to the documentation list as well)

Raymond, there are several responses here and one is that the Documentation
Interest Group has identified documentation for cataloging as one of its
high priorities.

The other response I have is that there has been discussion from time to
time about a simpler cataloging UI. Not all libraries necessarily want this,
but it has arisen. It's a good discussion to keep on the table.

The third point I'd make is that import is likely easier and more accurate
than keyboard entry. In 1.6 there is a fast item add that makes it VERY easy
to add records quickly.

What might help is better documentation for Z39.50 import -- which is
actually imminent.