[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Uploading Cover Images?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Dec 6 11:33:32 EST 2009

On Sun, 2009-12-06 at 08:44 -0500, Ryan wrote:
> Hi all,
> It seems we have hit a bump in using Evergreen, we have a collection
> of cook books that need to be cataloged. These cook books are
> fundraiser cook books so they are not sold by Amazon or cataloged by
> the Library of Congress. We can catalog the books with out a problem
> but can we scan the cover images and upload them to our Evergreen
> server? Where would these files have to be placed if so?

You could catalog them in OpenLibrary (http://openlibrary.org/), upload
the cover images there, and use the OpenLibrary added content plugin
instead of Amazon
(http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/browser/trunk/Open-ILS/src/perlmods/OpenILS/WWW/AddedContent/OpenLibrary.pm) - which didn't make it into 1.6.0.0, unfortunately, but should work as-is if you pull it directly from trunk.