[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Uploading Cover Images?

Josh Stompro stomproj at larl.org
Mon Dec 7 11:48:20 EST 2009

Another similar option would be to create or update entries in
librarything, (http://www.librarything.com).  You could add the cover
art and then use the librarything cover art service.
http://www.librarything.com/blog/2008/08/million-free-covers-from-librarything.php

It could be that there is some crossover between librarything and
openlibrary, so by adding cover art to one it shows up in the other, but
I'm just speculating... looks like maybe not.
"*In the past, we had been talking to the Open Libary
<http://openlibrary.org/> project about a joint effort. We even sent
them all our covers and a key to the identifiers that linked them. But
nothing came of it. To some extent that was our fault, and to some
extent not. (I think them and us would differ on the blame here.) In any
case, I was tired of the time and transactional friction, and wanted to
try a different approach." (from page above)

Josh

--
Lake Agassiz Regional Library - Moorhead MN larl.org
Josh Stompro               | Office 218.233.3757 EXT-139