[OPEN-ILS-DEV] sample opensrf crontab (patch/review)

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Dec 14 10:37:36 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com> wrote:

> I removed the explicit interpreter invocations from the action/trigger
> lines to normalize the style a bit.  Is there a reason for the "cd &&
> script" style, such as a need to know the runtime directory?

Thanks, Mike.  The 'cd && script' layout is there to accommodate the scripts
that source oils_header.pl in the /openils/bin directory.  They haven't been
taught the BINDIR search/replace magic yet.  In most cases, though, it would
be trivial to drop the oils_header.pl requirement altogether and just pull
the needed functions into the individual scripts, since the
oils_header.plfunctions are all pretty small.  I'll take a look at
that...

-b

--
Bill Erickson
| VP, Software Development & Integration
| phone: 877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| email: erickson at esilibrary.com
| web: http://esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064