[OPEN-ILS-DEV] a question of security

Erik Lewis elewis at ngrl.org
Mon Dec 14 19:08:18 EST 2009

General comment

Security cannot impede service nor detract from your primary mission.
If security concerns create an unspportable configuration they become
an impediment.  Security 101 does dictate seperation of roles and
interfaces but a app server database server configuration can be just
as secure/insecure as both on the same host.

You owe your patrons data security but you also owe the the basic
business of being a good library.