[OPEN-ILS-DEV] new opensrf install can't connect

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:18:41 EST 2009

2009/2/4 Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org>:

>> Hmm. I'm not sure I understand. If you're following the directions at
>> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.0.3:install it
>> pretty clearly tells you to edit /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg
>> yourself...
>>

> I have been going here:
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation
>
> Then here:
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.0.1:ubuntu810:install
>
> (because I have intrepid 1.8.10)

Okay, I'll update the server_installation page to point directly to
1.0.3; thanks.

> Then here:
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.0.2:install
>
> (But now the instructions are gone, and it says to install 1.0.3)

Right - I changed that when I saw you were installing an old version
of the code.

> I will follow the instructions on the new link. What do I have to undo, so
> the new install works?

You don't have to undo anything. All of the instructions are the same:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=opensrf:1.0.2:install&rev=1232916388
shows you what the 1.0.2 instructions had before the edit - and it
included instructions to edit /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.cfg. The only
addition to the 1.0.3 instructions is to add /openils/lib to the
system dynamic library path.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University