[OPEN-ILS-DEV] A couple questions from a newcomer to the list.

John Clark berek at tds.net
Fri Feb 6 18:48:06 EST 2009

Good evening,

  I am part of a group of rural Maine libraries interested in creating an Evergreen consortium that we hope will eventually expand to accommodate other libraries of like size here in Maine. I have read a considerable amount of the very good documentation provided by those who have already gone before. I am looking for answers/documentation or starting points regarding the following two items. I come from a background of setting up, supporting and doing basic troubleshooting of iii Millennium libraries here in Maine for the past 6 years, so I'm in hopes some of the answers I get will help me conceptualize Evergreen based on stuff I've done "under the hood" in my prior life. Any and all answers, suggestions, etc. gratefully accepted.

1-I'm looking for any documentation on mapping a new library-ie, library setup hierarchy (library address, location codes, shelving locations, patron types, loan rules, notice format, etc,)

2-I'm also looking for any documentation on how bib/item records need to be prepped and what needs to be mapped in order to be loaded successfully.

   I have learned there is only one stupid question in life, the one you don't ask.
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
John Clark

John R. Clark IV, M.ED, MLIS-Librarian/Wizard, Hartland, Maine
http://sennebec.livejournal.com/