[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Update needed for opensrf Makefile.install

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:16:21 EST 2009

2009/2/15 Carl T. Miller <carl at carltm.com>:
> Carl T. Miller wrote:
>> After the gunzip command, there is no file named $(EJABBERD_PKG).gz.
>> The chmod command should be updated to:
>>   chmod u+x $(EJABBERD_PKG)
>
> After making this change, the make command finishes with this output:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `install', needed by `centos'.  Stop.
>
> Is this a problem?

Yep, it's a problem. Just remove that target from the centos: install
target, so the line looks like:

centos: install_centos_rpms install_ejabberd install_libmemcache
install_libxml2 install_libxslt install_centos_perl create_ld_local

I've updated Makefile.install in the source code repository. Sorry for
the problems with the prerequisite installer - I had been trying to
put together Red Hat / CentOS prerequisites some time ago, but when it
became clear that we would be able to proceed with Debian or Ubuntu I
abandoned the effort, and some of the refactoring that I've done since
then has (obviously) gone untested on Red Hat / CentOS.

Thanks for the problem reports, and please keep letting the list know
your findings with CentOS. I know there are other institutions who
have policies of only running Red Hat systems, and it would be great
to make that adoption path nice and smooth.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University