[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen install: Very close!

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 23:27:48 EST 2009

2009/2/16 Dale Arntson <d-arntson at uchicago.edu>:
> Hmm. Well that's good news indeed. I assumed it was a real timeout problem
> because my output didn't match the example output of the installation doc.
> (Not very deep reasoning, I admit.)
>
> We are also having a problem with the new client admin login, which seems to
> result from some cruft that is getting picked up from an old 1.2.2 client
> install. When we try to log in with the 1.4.0.2 client, it sees the old
> 1.2.2 registered workstation. It then says that it is not registered with
> this server, and throws the attached network failure error. The error says
> "the ou is not defined". This is presumably the ou from our old 1.2.2 server
> installation that it thinks we are trying to access. The old ou does not
> exist because we did not save any of our data from the old install. Does
> anyone know of a workaround for this problem? (By the way, we first
> uninstalled the old client, and deleted the install directory before we did
> the new install.)

Staff client settings are stored in C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Application Data\OpenILS and C:\Documents and
Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\OpenILS

Also make sure that /openils/bin/autogen.sh ran cleanly to generate
the JavaScript version of the org_unit hierarchy.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University