[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Errors at end of install

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:47:07 EST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:30 AM, Raymond Norton <admin at lctn.org> wrote:

>> Both of those error can occur if memcached is not running.
>>
>> To make sure that memcached is running and configured properly check
>> the output of `ps ax|grep memcache` and verify that the port and host
>> listed there match the settings in the <cache> section of
>> /openils/conf/opensrf.xml.
>

> Memcache is running, and seems to be configured correctly.
>

> ~# ps ax|grep memcache
>  6151 ?        S      0:03 /usr/bin/memcached -m 64 -p 11211 -u nobody -l
> 127.0.0.1

Can you telnet to that by name and by IP?

 # telnet localhost 11211
 # telnet 127.0.0.1 11211

It's been a while since I built a Hardy host, but I seem to recall
localhost (the name in /etc/hosts) being attached to 127.0.1.1.  If
that's the case, then just use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost in your
opensrf.xml.

--miker