[OPEN-ILS-DEV] postgresql problem

Rene Paquin rpaquin at wlu.ca
Tue Feb 24 10:47:38 EST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to install on a Ubuntu 8.04 box. I followed the instructions to install postgresql then successfully installed the Opensrf component.  When I started to install the Evergreen software I came across some problems in regards to the creation of the postgresql database.  I got as far as these  instructions:

createdb -E UNICODE evergreen
createlang plperl evergreen
createlang plperlu evergreen
createlang plpgsql evergreen
psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tablefunc.sql evergreen

with the last command resulting in this return:
postgres at redwood:~$ psql -f /usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tablefunc.sql evergreen
/usr/share/postgresql/8.2/contrib/tablefunc.sql: No such file or directory

Sure enough when I went to check there is no contrib directory in the /usr/share/postgresql/8.2 folder.  Upon further investigation there is not even a startup file in the ect/init.d folder. Is there something missing in the instructions?  or did i miss something?

Thanks for the help.

Rene Paquin, MCSE
Library Network Administrator
Wilfrid Laurier University