[OPEN-ILS-DEV] oils_cstore.c: bug in error handling?

Scott McKellar mck9 at swbell.net
Fri Jan 2 14:27:51 EST 2009

In dispatchCRUDMethod() we branch on the method type, doing whichever
of six possible operations has been requested.  For the first four such
operations, we finish up by calling osrfAppRespondComplete().  I believe
that the purpose of this call is to notify the client that the response
is complete, and that he shouldn't expect more.

For the last two operations -- "search" and "id_list" -- we normally
finish up the same way.  However -- there seems always to be a however --
if doFieldmapperSearch() returns an error, we don't call osrfAppRespondComplete(), and neither does doFieldmapperSearch().

I am far from understanding this stuff, but it looks like the likely
result in this scenario is that the client gets notice of the error but
never gets notice of response completion, and probably times out while
waiting for it.

Or am I missing something?

Scott McKellar
http://home.swbell.net/mck9/ct/