[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Ubuntu 8.04/Evergreen 1.2.3.1 VMWare image

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Jan 6 13:21:58 EST 2009

Hello David,

I am not totally sure what your issue is, but I will give it a shot.  Apache should already be "listening" on your real IP address as it listens on all addresses by default, but since it is using name-based hosting, you must supply a name (local machine name or FQDN) and have a matching ServerName directive, you will not be able to truly access it directly by IP.  You can simulate this behavior by using your IP address as the ServerName "name", or if you already have a name, by using a ServerAlias.  On Ubuntu Evergreen, you will probably find these settings in:

/etc/apache2/sites-available/eg.conf

You can also read more here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#serveralias

Good luck,
DW

>>> Parker David <dparker at mrc.gm> 1/6/2009 3:33 AM >>>
Hi Karen,

We are working with the Ubuntu 8.04/Evergreen 1.2.3.1 VMWare Image.  We have set up a virtual server using VM and tried installing the image from Dan Scott.  It seems to work up to the point where we run apache2 and this is where the wrong IP address is being called.

Thank you for loooking at our problem.

Kind regards

David

Message: 2