[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 'Now searching' after 1.4 install

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Wed Jan 14 10:45:07 EST 2009

Mike Rylander said the following on 01/14/2009 10:06 AM:
> On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Brandon W. Uhlman
> <brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> When I load my shiny new 1.4 OPAC, the 'Now searching' display won't display
>> the name of the org unit I'm searching. However, the orgtree selector can be
>> chosen and the orgunit names are visible, so it appears that autogen is
>> working. I thought it might be an i18n where the translated strings were not
>> added, so I added a couple to test, re-ran autogen, but it didn't appear to
>> make a difference.
>>
>> The added wrinkle is that I'm running a fresh 1.4 install, but I pointed it
>> at a copy of a 1.2.3.1 dataset [after running 1.2.3-1.4 updates], not a
>> freshly built 1.4 database.
>>
>> There's nothing screaming for attention in the logs, but I'm not sure what I
>> should be looking for either.
>>
>> Does anybody have some ideas?
>>

> Are you seeing any errors in the JavaScript console when selecting an
> org from the tree widget? (Assuming firefox, obviously.)

I should have reported this earlier, as I'm seeing the same.  Thought it
might be in our data, but now I'm guessing not.

Nothing interesting in the JavaScript console, but an alert tells me
that loc.name() is  undefined at line 54 of web/opac/common/js/init.js,
when it tries to:
G.ui.common.now_searching.appendChild(text(loc.name()));

loc comes from:
var loc = findOrgLasso(getLasso());

In looking at my brand spankin' new actor.org_lasso table, I see it's empty.

I'm chasing this backwards to see if PARAM_LASSO and PARAM_LOCATION ever
meet, but if this rings a bell to anyone before I get there...