[OPEN-ILS-DEV] import_demo's parse_holdings.pl problems

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Mon Jan 19 18:06:54 EST 2009

Hello John,

A couple ideas for you.

First, parse_holdings.pl, last I knew, is hard-coded to look for holdings data in certain subfields of the 999 field.  I apologize if this is no longer the case!  If it is, you may need to adjust the code itself to fit your particular system (thankfully it is pretty simple code).

Second, unfortunately, it doesn't look like your data has any holdings information at all.  I am not sure how it works on Horizon, but on Sirsi, holdings information is a separate option on export.  You may need to re-export with this option enabled.

Third, if your test data indeed contains serials records, you may want to start with a simpler set for holdings purposes :)  (i.e. books only)

Good luck,
DW

>>> John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> 1/19/2009 5:07 PM >>>
Hey folks,

Continuing trying to get my own institutions holdings in, I get the
following goofiness when trying to run parse_holdings.pl: lots of mentions
of "Use of uninitialized value in substitution (s///) at
parse_holdings-mac.pl line 93." and "Use of uninitialized value in
substitution (s///) at parse_holdings-mac.pl line 44." (the sample records
don't yield these errors) and then, after some chewing and chewing, I'm left
with a two line SQL file, which I will put here in all its glory:

INSERT INTO staging_items (bibkey, callnum, createdate, location, barcode,
item_type, owning_lib) VALUES ('180086963', 'SERIAL', '', 'hssr', '', '',
'1');
INSERT INTO staging_items (bibkey, callnum, createdate, location, barcode,
item_type, owning_lib) VALUES ('180086963', 'SERIAL', '', 'hssr', '', '',
'1');

Attached is the first couple of records in the source XML file.  Anybody
know why this is happening?

jf

--
http://libgrunt.blogspot.com -- library culture and technology.