[OPEN-ILS-DEV] New installation, start_c fails

David.Jones at canadabusiness.ca David.Jones at canadabusiness.ca
Wed Jan 21 14:29:39 EST 2009

Hello

I am working on a new installation of Evergreen and am having problems when I run start_c.  There are no errors on the screen, just a long pause and then back to the command prompt.

Background
Fresh Ubuntu 8.04.1 install and following the steps on the wiki.  At one point I removed postgres 8.3 and had to regenerate the cluster for 8.2, so it now listens on 5433 instead of 5432, but I was getting the same error when attempting to run srfsh "unable to bootstrap client for requests".  I only noticed that start_c was not running when I tried to shut it down by hand

I have attached my config files and the router and orsfsys log files
 <<router.log>>  <<opensrf.xml>>  <<opensrf_core.xml>>  <<osrfsys.log>>
Any tips, pointers, assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

David Jones
IT Support | Soutien en TI
Canada Business - Nova Scotia | Entreprises Canada - Nouvelle-Écosse
Halifax, NS, B3J 2G1
halifax at cbsc.ic.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone - 1 (888) 576-4444 / (902) 426-4488
Facsimile | Télécopieur - (902) 426-6530
Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur (800) 457-8466

"Services for Entrepreneurs" | "Services aux entrepreneurs"