[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Lost item handling

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Thu Jan 22 20:35:01 EST 2009

>> Oh, and a final note.  I don't have it worked in here yet, but originally I
>> mentioned the voided charge by date.  For us, we only accept the item back
>> for 1 year post due-date.  After that, you can give it back, but we still
>> charge for it.  So, while anything but a zero will trigger these now, a
>> duration is what's really needed (e.g. "1 year").
>>

> Right.  That would be another (optional) org setting, I think.  There
> are functions for turning dates and intervals into integers (see:
> interval_to_seconds in OpenSRF::Utils) to facilitate age comparisons.

I'm back to plugging away at this, and I have it cleaned up a bit and
tested.  All seems to be working except for this call:
  OpenSRF::Utils->noo_es_time($circ->due_date)

I can reproduce the code elsewhere and it works as expected, but for
some reason calling the method always returns the 2002 from here:
  return timelocal(int($tm[1]), int($tm[2]), int($tm[3]), int($tm[4]) ||
1, int($tm[5]), int($tm[6]) || 2002 );

The due_date is: 2009-02-12T16:37:26-0500, so I would expect something
like: 1234480779, but instead get: 1009861200

I don't see where this method is used elsewhere, is there something
obvious I'm missing?