[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Regression in copy location display in 1.2.3-1.2.4 upgrade

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Mon Jan 26 05:33:02 EST 2009

Hi, everyone.

As part of an upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 tonight, our system stopped
showing copy location names in copy details of bib records, showing
location IDs instead.

The database patch for 1.2.3-1.2.4 is essentially a one-liner, adding
the hold_verify column to asset.copy_location. On a hunch that it
might be related, I took a look at fm_IDL.xml, and, lo and behold, the
new hold_verify field has been added before the name field in the
fieldmapper's representation of fieldmapper, and the values in
array_position were offset accordingly.

This change is patchset 10737 in svn. Reverting the change, then
re-adding the hold_verify field after the existing fields, and
renumbering everything accordingly fixed the problem.

Unfortunately, I'm no fieldmapper expert. Was it re-ordering the list
in fm_IDL.xml that fixed the problem, or re-numbering array_position?
Or both? What's the signifigance of the two? Does the order in
fm_IDL.xml determine the order values show up in the reporter
essentially, and the array_position say which returned field should be
mapped to the value? Or vice versa? Or am I completely out in left
field.

Without those specifics, I don't feel comfortable submitting a patch
to resolve the problem, but it will look like either a revision to
fm_IDL.xml, or a tweaking of the database to re-order the columns and
put hold_verify in position 4.

Or am I completely off my rocker, and it's something completely different? :)

Brandon

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch
British Columbia Ministry of Education