[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF Router CPU Usage

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Tue Jul 21 15:42:22 EDT 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 3:26 PM, Adam Ray <aray at slcconline.edu> wrote:

> I have Open-ILS 1.4 installed on an Etch installation in a Xen 5.5 environment.
> As soon as the router starts it begins chewing up 100% of one of the CPUs.
>
> Is this standard or what should I investigate?

Adam,

This is likely the result of an old router process sticking around after a
restart.  When the new router comes up, it replaces the old router on the
jabber network, so the old router is kicked off and, well, freaks out
(probably spinning trying to read data from a disconnected socket).  Try
stopping all services and manually killing any router processes that refuse
to die.  Then start everything back up again.

-b

--
Bill Erickson