[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: ***SPAM*** Odd Mac OS X staff client weirdness

Victoria Bush vbush at ilstu.edu
Fri Jul 24 11:23:08 EDT 2009

Okay, an update:

I downloaded SITKA's experimental Evergreen 1.4 Mac Client. Straight
out of the box, it wouldn't work, because of two issues:

1. Wrong build number, which I was able to fix by updating the
application.ini and BUILD_ID. (I'm running 1.4.0.4; the client has the
build as 1.4.0.2.) But that lead to:

2. It claimed there was no SSL support. Oops.

So I used the files in C:\Windows\Program Files\Evergreen Staff Client
\build from the Windows staff client, copied it over to the Mac into
the Evergreen Staff Client.app/Contents/Resources directory, and fired
it off that way. That version works, and the Reports show up
correctly, with no errors.

I think this cobbled version will be my preferred client now. Anything
else I should look for, in terms of errors or problems?

-Vicki

vbush at ilstu.edu