[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF and Ubuntu 9.04

Dan Wells dbw2 at calvin.edu
Tue Jul 28 15:43:06 EDT 2009

Hello all,

I have spent some time recently trying to get OpenSRF trunk to run on Ubuntu 9.04-64bit.  The router is able to start without error, but the opensrf.settings service fails to start properly.  The 'Listener' process for the settings service hangs with 100% CPU usage.  This was a fresh install of Ubuntu, and attempting the same on 8.10-32bit worked fine.

I know this is not a big priority, especially with 1.6 around the corner, but does anybody have any ideas I could work with?  I have traced the hang to XMPPReader.pm line 235 (a call to wait()), but my attempts to break down wait() into smaller tests proved futile.  I imagine that the true error is that whatever this is waiting for just isn't happening.

Because the settings service fails, I cannot start any other services even for test purposes.  I am unfamiliar with troubleshooting Evergreen at levels deeper than this.

At this point I am willing to leave it to others more knowledgeable of the innards, but am also happy to run with some direction.

I guess I should also simply ask, has anyone gotten this working on 9.04?

Thanks,
Dan W.

Daniel Wells, Library Programmer Analyst dbw2 at calvin.edu
Hekman Library at Calvin College