[OPEN-ILS-DEV] OpenSRF and Ubuntu 9.04

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Tue Jul 28 17:20:59 EDT 2009

Quoting Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com>:

> I've heard some chatter in IRC about newer versions of Ejabberd causing
> problems.  I haven't investigated yet myself, but that could have something
> to do with it.

Newer versions of Ejabberd apparently don't like empty froms in the
xmpp messages. OpenILS/OpenSRF sends messages with empty froms when it
doesn't care to get a reply.

We had to downgrade the Ejabberd by a version on our test box here.
Unfortunately, my assistant who has the details is out on vacation
this week. He figured out which version of Ejabberd had the issue and
which one to downgrade to.

Jason