[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Spam?

Bradley Peters bdp+eg at moberley.com
Fri Jul 31 19:27:01 EDT 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Dan Wells<dbw2 at calvin.edu> wrote:
> Please excuse my ignorance, but around a week ago a majority of messages to this list are now marked with ***SPAM*** when I receive them.

It might be related to the scanning being done by "amavisd-new" at
hedwig.georgialibraries.org according to the X-Virus-Scanned header
that appears in list messages. I am not particularly familiar with
that software but the website at ijs.si [1] mentions adding a
"***SPAM***" flag to the subject line.

[1] http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam (under "How to add
the spam tags to all inbound messages")

> Is this happening to everyone, or is it something on my end?  If it is happening to everyone, does anyone know why?

I have seen that tag on many messages but not on your message that I
am now replying to.

Sincerely,
Bradley Peters.