[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC21slim2RSS2.xsl

Grant Johnson fgjohnson at upei.ca
Thu Jun 4 15:03:36 EDT 2009

We figured out what was busting the shared Evergreen bookbag RSS that we consume via the Drupal Feed Aggregator.

The Item tag <pubDate> needs to actually be in a valid date format.
Sincethe contents of this field is being extracted from the marc record, this isn't always the case.

At some point someone added the  <!--  this is supposed to be RFC-822 compliant -->  comment.

Since the optional <pubDate> item tag should be used to retire old RSS item, the actual item publication date didn't make any sense.  I commented out the entire tag in  MARC21slim2RSS2.xsl.
Problem solved.  :-)

 <!--  this is supposed to be RFC-822 compliant
			<xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[@tag=260]/marc:subfield[@code='c']">
				<pubDate>
					<xsl:value-of select="."/>
				</pubDate>