[OPEN-ILS-DEV] No rows in metabib.rec_descriptor after loading bibs.

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:42:30 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Frances Dean
McNamara<fdmcnama at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I believe NONE of the records loaded got rows.  Perhaps trying the bib_ids.list for ranges of records to see if it works.  You say that would be a really long thing?  Does that do more thand the metabib.rec_descriptor inserts?

Right.  I gave you the more complicated SQL so you could grab a fresh
set of just the remaining to-be-fixed records if you have to stop the
process or it dies.  It re-ingests the entire record, basically
rewriting it.  This, of course, assumes that the mrd portion of the
ingest process is not broken in some way and that re-ingesting will
fix things. you can test on one record to find out, of course.

> Or we could use your first suggestion.  We actually do have the original input files broken down to about 59 files I think.  I will talk to Dale when he is in.  If we figure out which way to do it we can probably script it.

This will be faster, but more involved.  Pop in here if you run into trouble.

--miker