[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hello

Dale Arntson arnt at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 18 12:29:39 EDT 2009

If you are new to Evergreen, or are not a sysadmin, I would recommend
that you use Ubuntu or Debian. It works more or less out of the box.
With Redhat, there is a lot of software prerequisite, configuration, and
path issues that you need to resolve. Doing so requires that you have
the ability to translate the functional requirements of one system to
the other. With Ubuntu or Debian, this is just not an issue. However,
with each release of Evergreen, things are getting better. Hopefully,
one day soon, Redhat will be a very good platform for hosting Evergreen.

-dale