[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Error with autogen script

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 17:17:39 EDT 2009

2009/6/23 Victoria Bush <vbush at ilstu.edu>:
> Have you started up your web browser and pointed it to the
> cgi-bin/config.cgi scripts first?

That isn't a required step. Jamal should be able to run autogen.sh out
of the box with a fresh install.

> On Jun 23, 2009, at 2:54 PM, Jamal Saleh wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am installing latest Evergreen on Ubuntu 8.04 as per the Doc Wiki.
>
> I am stuck on the autogen.sh script which fails with the following error:
>
> Updating fieldmapper
> No Response from settings server...going to sleep
> All services are running. I even tried re copying the opensrf.xml files.

Define "all services". Is open-ils.cstore running, for example?

> The
> very first time when I executed it I got the following dumped on the screen:
>
> opensrf at evergreen:/openils/bin$ ./autogen.sh -c
> /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -u
> Updating fieldmapper
> Could not find fieldmapper.xml in ./ at
> /openils/lib/perl5/OpenILS/Utils/Fieldmapper.pm line 50

So, the first time around, you had the opensrf_core.xml and
opensrf.xml files left over from the OpenSRF install steps, rather
than the Evergreen versions of those files.

Did you update the contents of the Evergreen versions of those files
with the Jabber passwords and database passwords?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University